What is OneVerse?
Today, nearly one-third of the world's language groups representing 340 million people are still waiting for God’s Word in a language that they can understand clearly.
OneVerse is a program of The Seed Company that enables you to support local Bible translators as they make God’s message available in the language of their people.
Your sponsorship gift of $26 provides the resources required for national translators to translate one verse of Scripture into their own language. Through OneVerse, you join a team of prayer and financial partners to make this possible.
The result of your giving is a clear and accurate translation of the Bible. This is accomplished through a rigorous six-step process in every language:
- Produce a first draft of Scripture portion after careful analysis of what the passage says.
- Perform a team check of the first draft to make sure it is clear and accurate.
- Test the new draft within the community to make sure it sounds natural and clearly communicates its intent.
- Check the quality of the draft by making a literal ‘back translation’ of the draft into English or another major language.
- Have professional translation consultants check the translation for faithfulness to the original languages.
- A final careful proofread of the translation prior to publication.
OneVerse Bible translation projects are managed exclusively by The Seed Company as we work in partnership with various organizations and local leadership. Sponsorship support for a language project is combined and managed to ensure that all project goals are met. If a translation project is interrupted due to circumstances beyond our control, any remaining funds will be allocated towards other similar translation projects. The Seed Company is working directly with over 400 translation projects in countries around the world.
The Seed Company conducts annual international audits in order to verify the proper management of all exchanges of funds and meets the requirements of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
The Seed Company's OneVerse program works in partnership with other organizations that are passionate about Bible translation:
- Wycliffe Bible Translators and its sister organization, SIL International, provide field support, linguistic training, consulting and guidance for many of the Seed Company translation projects.
- Tyndale House Publishers is graciously providing the digital text of the New Living Translation (NLT) from which OneVerse participants select their verse for translation.